Paragon Systems is hiring for the position of Administrative Assistant for our Northern New Jersey contract in the Clifton, New Jersey. Any interested candidates must be individuals of unquestionable integrity who display a mature attitude and exercise good judgment. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the HR department in all aspects of the department (recruitment, new-hire implementation, interviewing, billing, and payroll), as well as for overseeing and/or facilitating various special projects independently. The administrative assistant serves as the principal liaison between the community and the corporate office for HR related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Review time and attendance sheets, wage computation and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies;
- Compute wages and review time and attendance and enter data into the computer (SAFES database);
- Review, code and forward billing documents to the Finance Department according to company guidelines.
- Obtain, record and forward request entry into the HRIS data for each employee on contract, including information such as addresses, absences, FMLA requests, requests for terminations and notifies FPS and FSO of all terminations.
- Process new hires through HMS, finger printing new hires/incumbents for licensing purposes, maintaining an extensive local training matrix tracking nearly 25 items per individual.
- Maintain employee personnel and medical files.
- Compile employee data and enter employee data into RAMPS (Federal Protective Service database)
- Generate weekly manning reports for FPS;
- Various administrative duties such as filing, faxing documents, and typing correspondence.
EQUIPMENT/ COMPUTER SKILLS: Working knowledge of calculators, Fax machines, photocopying equipment, voicemail systems, scanners, computers and MS Office
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 3+ years of experience in Administrative Support
- Knowledge of government contracting a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with staff and the public
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have courteous telephone manner
- Understand and follow standard operating procedures, to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
- Good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
- With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Regular computer usage
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties
- Regular talking and hearing
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor * Priority referrals for protected veterans*
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
VA License Number: 11-4665