Administrative Assistant, SCIS at DTW
Position Summary and Essential Functions
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support for the SCIS Account Manager at DTW and for the entire Management Team, including the Assistant Account Manager, Training Supervisor, and Performance Manager. The SCIS Administrative Assistant will also work closely with the local Administrative support team.
- Providing administrative and operational support.
- Maintaining working schedules for security guards, supervisors, and trainers.
- Producing monthly and quarterly reports.
- Maintaining personnel rosters and distributing them to managers and supervisors as needed.
- Manage logistics, radios, uniforms, vehicles, Vision system
- Carrying out other duties as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position supplemental qualifications provided for consideration.
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
- Associates Degree preferred
- Two or more years' experience as Administrative Assistant at working in the aviation or security industry. Training in the security industry and/or business management, and responsible experience in the security industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, may be acceptable, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education and; Military, Police or Fire Service Management experience can be substituted for the field security management experience on the basis of one year of Military, Police or Fire service management experience for one year of security field management experience.
- Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing)
- Knowledge of or ability to learn training/security operations and procedures of WCAA sites
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of Client and SCIS Leadership.
- Ability to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Basic skills in keyboarding, computer usage, and operating controls.
- Use of personal computer and spreadsheet software a definite plus
- Planning of training programs, organizing and leadership skills a definite plus.
- Strong internal customer service and service delivery orientation a must.
- Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective training leader and team member.
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
- With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations.
- May be required to work additional hours without advance notice.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Reading and analyzing reports, schedules, invoices, and training data, including related computer usage.
- Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at all hours.