Inputs billing, payroll and contract data into automated resource system; verifies and transmits billing and payroll data; resolves payroll and billing problems; processes accounts payable; contacts past-due accounts for collection; processes related data and transactions. Extracts information from Case Management System for upload into company accounting systems.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Accurately and efficiently inputs weekly payroll for large US government contract.
- Effectively processes office accounts receivable and payable using the automated resource system; inputs billing, payroll, accounting and contract data into system.
- Reviews client billings and ensures proper amounts; works closely with other staff to ensure accuracy; makes adjustments as necessary.
- Reconciles accounts receivable to time sheets and makes adjustments as appropriate.
- Reviews all accounts payable and ensures timely payment; verifies amounts and calls vendors on any discrepancies.
- Responds quickly and appropriately to clients as questions or discrepancies occur.
- Contacts clients, when appropriate, to set up payment plans on past due accounts.
- Serves as backup support for the Payroll and Billing Manager position as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including general administrative and support duties within office.
- Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
- Secret/Top Secret clearance is highly desirable.
- High School Diploma, some higher education is highly desirable.
- Two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.