Produce financial, market and operational analysis by querying data repositories and generating periodic reports. Devise methods for identifying data patterns and trends in available information sources. Synthesize current business trends to support recommendations for action. Provides reports on financial and performance measures on both a recurring and ad-hoc basis.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified according to business necessity.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
In performing functions, duties, or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
All functions, duties, or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner and are to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Synthesize current business trends or data to support recommendations for action.
2. Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods.
3. Provides recurring and ad-hoc reports as required on financial and performance measures;
4. Analyzes and interprets financial and operating data for management including performance benchmark reporting, cost analyses, market niche reporting, profitability analyses, performance assessments, contract pricing analyses, wage analyses, and other reporting as required.
5. Analyzes and interprets trends; identifies and communicates loss trends; recommends corrective actions to stem immediate shortfalls while addressing long-term profitability issues.
6. Monitors progress against business objectives throughout the year; provides in-depth analysis and interpretation of financial data.
7. Develops forecasts of revenue and expenses based on current and projected conditions; prepares forecast reports and submits to senior management.
8. Oversees and coordinates financial programs for funding new and continued operations in order to increase productivity and maximize profitability.
9. Examines records of past and present operations; reviews historical cost data; reviews prior estimates against realized revenues; analyzes administrative commitments and obligations incurred to project future revenue and expenses.
10. Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assignment.
11. Other duties of similar scope and nature as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference depending upon the nature of the position
Must be a citizen of the United States
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
Minimum of seven years progressively responsible business experience involving financial management and business analysis.
We will also accept an equivalent combination of education and business experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirementsCompetencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing)
Excellent skill in managing financial controls and reporting processes.
Strong understanding of business intelligence tools, databases, systems and methods
Skill in financial and operational analysis.
Strong understanding of service industry cost and profitability drivers.
Demonstrated knowledge accounting principles, and of legal and ethical business practices.
Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex business/financial data and develop solutions.
Excellent planning, organizing and leadership/supervisory skills.
Excellent verbal, written and executive presentation skills.
Strong customer and results orientation.
Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
Ability to be an effective member of and lead complex project teams.
Ability to use financial systems and standard office applications software effectively.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for up to 8 hours per day.
Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information
Speak and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and by phoneMaintain visual ability including close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus