Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems to provide insights that help with the decision-making process and resource allocation within the business prerogatives. Recommends initiatives for planning, forecasting, and business intelligence. Strong technology, analytical, and communication skills are must-have traits.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties, or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties, or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner and are to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Assists with compiling, analyzing, and reporting on data needed to determine current conditions and identify trends in order to propose solutions and appropriate courses of action for the organization
- Analyzes data, creates reports, monitors databases, and assists with various planning, modelling, budgeting, and forecasting projects
- Delivers critical information on key performance indicators in an efficient manner based on business requirements in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Gathers critical information from internal stakeholders and external sources to understand critical business needs and requirements
- Performs routine business analysis using various techniques (e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining)
- Researches best practices and provides support in developing solutions and recommendations for the current business operation to include evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and optimizing strategies, while developing better processes and implementing solutions
- Communicates insights and potential issues and solutions to a cross-functional management team
- Provides business data interpretation, helps to produce ad hoc reports and develops and maintain consistent reporting tools for business operations
- Other duties of similar scope and nature as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference depending upon the nature of the position
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current (within the last 2 years) Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or active Secret level security clearance based on an SSBI and able to obtain the required security clearance and successfully passed an adjudicated SSBI clearance
- Ability to acquire and maintain any other specific special clearances/access requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred in business or a related technical field)
- Experience with metrics tools, processes, and delivery assurance
- At least three (3) years of associated work experience with a familiarity of the Backgrounds Investigations industry
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing)
- Must be able to work with little supervision, multi-task, work beyond minimum expectations and, remain flexible and receptive to frequent policy changes and organizational need
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral commination skills
- Strong organizations skills with attention to detail
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint with advanced skills in Access and Excel
- SQL database management and maintenance skills
- Ability to identify, understand and apply federal, state and local changes to and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to personnel investigations
- Ability to work in a team environment with senior decision makers
- Ability to synthesize information, identify key findings and determine conclusions
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- Successful passage of background, reference, psychological, and controlled substance tests
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information
- Regular talking and hearing
- Frequent sitting
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Work primarily performed in an office environment