Provides broad-based administrative support for business development efforts. Actively participates in sales process management and proposal development efforts by assisting with the coordination, development and delivery of high quality, professional proposals tailored to large clients and individual within the Aerospace and Defense vertical markets. Provide support on all aspects of proposal development.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified according to business necessity.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
In performing functions, duties, or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions
All functions, duties, or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner and are to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Provides broad-based administrative support for Sector business development efforts, including maintaining databases, office records, calendars and marketing library of internal sales resources.
2. Provides administrative assistance in the business development cycle through verification of references, proposal preparation, preparation of presentation materials, and prospect research.
3. Assist in the creation of bid responses to prospective national and strategic customer opportunities. Work in a collaborative role with the local, national and affiliated company sales organizations. Generate high-quality, well written responses that are both strategic and tactical in nature. Working with the other members of the SCIS team as well as outside subject matter experts, ensure that our responses are clear, concise and persuasive.
4. Meet RFP deadline(s) by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review and approval by leadership.
5. Be an active participant in the strategic development of conversations in advance of the actual bid response preparation. This position is expected to use prior successes and failures to drive how we respond to a particular RFP question and how to best position SCIS to be successful in our commercial endeavors.
6. Maintains, tracks and verifies information from Business Development Managers and operational offices within the Sector for administrative purposes and to use in direct mail campaigns.
7. Tracks and analyzes Business Development team reports as required, including proposal tracking and activity reports.
8. Maintains and tracks database information including use of Salesforce.com and internal tracking mechanisms. Responsible for running reports and analysis of Salesforce.com for teams without access.
9. Provide pricing support to the financial analyst and sales team when needed. This will include understanding the pricing processes, both practical and the theory behind our financial positioning. Be able to assist and support our financial analysis needs during times of planned/unplanned absences of the financial analyst or in cases of extreme timing deadlines.
10. Maintains, tracks and reports the Sectors gain / loss report.
11. Tracks, reports and assists with any business development information as needed
12. Administers the direct mail campaign; prints direct mail materials, prepares mailing lists, stuffs envelopes, and mails materials to prospects.
13. May provide additional administrative support to the Sector leadership as required.
14. Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assignment.
15. Other duties of similar scope and nature as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference depending upon the nature of the position
Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance in the future.
High School Diploma or G.E.D
Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business or other complimentary discipline is preferred, or equivalent experience
Creative writing and/or business language writing experience preferred
Experience with Excel, pricing models, policies and strategies highly desirable
2 years of administrative work experience, preferably in a sales or marketing environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirementsCompetencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing)
Demonstrated understanding of proposal development strategies and techniques is preferred
Detailed understanding of policies, procedures, corporate support structure
Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices.
Basic knowledge of mathematical concepts including computation of rates, ratios, percentages, averages and simple reconciliation.
Ability to interpret and carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
Excellent planning, organization and time management skills.
Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
Skill in clear and concise oral and written communication.
Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
Ability to be an effective team member and handle project assignments responsibly.
Courteous telephone manner.
Strong customer service and results orientation.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Maintaining composure in dealing executives, staff and clients.
May be required to work overtime without advance notice.