Paragon Systems is currently hiring for a Captain (Secret) to support our DC-10 contract in Washington, DC. Any interested candidates must be individuals of unquestionable integrity who display a mature attitude and exercise good judgment. The Captain must ensure the effective, efficient and accurate operations of the following:
- Handles the day to day operation of assigned guard force in assigned area, ensuring all contractual requirements are met
- Scheduling/ Inputting all the officers time in payroll, will also monitor and regulate overtime
- Conducting random and scheduled post checks to ensure all officers throughout the contract meet all uniform and certification guidelines
- Acting as a liaison between the officers and the Program Manager, when dealing with the implementation of all Policy and Procedures with regards to disciplinary actions
- Will continually monitor and train your subordinates to ensure that the highest quality of supervision is being maintained on the contract
- Ensure that the line supervisors know all the aspects of your responsibilities so that they can assume your post without hesitation in your absence
- Other duties as assigned
The Captain must also meet the requirements listed below:
- Must currently hold an active Secret Clearance
- 2 years security supervisory experience required
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be an U.S. Citizen and read, write, and speak English.
- Must have detailed knowledge of federal contract security operations.
- Required to demonstrate continuing physical fitness and proficiency with firearms or other special weapons.
- Ability to use a computer is a MUST.
- Must be able to pay full attention to detail, and be able to multi-task.
- 2 years of successful experience in field supervision (civilian community law enforcement, military service law enforcement, or commercial/industrial security force service),
- Must have supervisor and conflict management skills (problem solving skills, good written and verbal communication skills).
- *FREQUENT INTERSTATE TRAVEL REQUIRED*
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Regular computer usage.
- Handling and being exposed to sensate and confidential information.
- Required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to perform work inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situation.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor * Priority referrals for protected veterans*
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
VA License Number: 11-4665