The Case Review Officer (CRO) provides advice and guidance to investigators regarding investigative and formatting requirements in additional to reviewing reports of investigation for accuracy and completeness. The CRO monitors pending cases to ensure compliance with delivery due dates and track submission of investigative leads; prioritize cases where noteworthy or derogatory information is developed; monitor pending cases, review and revise reports of investigation; check for quality and take necessary actions to complete case; notate Investigator quality performance remarks; schedule additional leads as discovered in investigation.
The Case Review Officer (CRO) will be responsible for reviewing reports of investigation completed by Field Investigators to ensure investigative coverage is met in accordance with applicable directives and investigative standards while meeting timeliness expectations for case delivery. CRO’s will review reports from a variety of personal and record sources and ensure that all pertinent facts of an individual’s background and character have been reported, in accordance with government guidelines and instructions. Characteristics of the position include managing the batching of reports of investigation in priority order based on customer needs and expectations. Self-discipline, organizational skills, and writing ability within a metrics-driven environment are critical distinguishing elements of the position.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
ᵒ Review background check reports of investigations that help to ensure the safety and security of the nation.
ᵒ Ensure that the information compiled in the report of investigation is clear, concise, and meets the requirements prescribed by the requesting customer.
ᵒ Meet the quality, timeliness and production metrics.
ᵒ Interact with field team leaders and field investigators to ensure the timeliness and thoroughness of investigations.
ᵒ Monitor pending cases to ensure compliance with delivery due dates and track submission of investigative leads.
ᵒ Ensure leads are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with investigative standards.
ᵒ Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to acquire and/or maintain the required level of security clearance and successfully pass an adjudicated SSBI clearance.
- Ability to acquire and maintain any other specific special clearances/access requirements
- One year experience in Federal background investigations and knowledge of Federal background investigation process to include thorough understanding of rules and regulations governing federal security clearance background investigations, or combination of education and experience
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass all required training
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
High School diploma or equivalent is required. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Ability to work remotely without daily supervision
- Excellent typing and computer skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram or schedule form
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Proficiency with PC and networked environments
- Microsoft Office proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to identify, understand and apply federal, state and local changes to and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to personnel investigations
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and/or government regulations
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to synthesize information, identify key findings and determine conclusions
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with executives , and staff, in group and one-on-one settings and in situations requiring high performance and results.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.