Not Ready To Apply? Click Here To Join Our Talent Community
Paragon Systems is hiring for the position of Campus Security Operation Center (CSOC) Dispatch for our St, Elizabeth DHS Complex contract. Any interested candidates must be individuals of unquestionable integrity who display a mature attitude and exercise good judgment. The primary purpose of this position is to provide the services and perform the duties inherent in switchboard operations, monitoring and directing response to police and life safety communications including radio dispatching to officers for response to calls for police assistance. This position operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The position may require working shifts, nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Employees serve as a telephone operator
- Monitors security surveillance cameras and detects criminal activity in progress
- Receives and compiles information from various sources relating to police and emergency incidents
- Monitors vital circuits and incoming emergency type calls such as those to police, fire, department, etc. to assure call completion and proper disposition
- Compiles and prepares reports
- Responsible for retrieving and/or updating information into computerized database processors, radio consoles, SSTV systems and related peripherals
- Maintains accurate radio/alarm activity logs
- Monitors surveillance cameras to detect criminal activity in progress and suspicious behavior
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have 3 years of armed security, military, or law enforcement experience.
- Must have CSAA Level I training
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience using computer aided dispatch systems
- Understand and follow standard operating procedures, to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance.
- Knowledge of government contracting a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with staff and the public.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- Determine the necessary action and/or notification process in different situation
- Must have excellent technical writing skills and possess an internal academic of Emergency Dispatch (Emergency Telecommunication) or equivalent certification
- Must have courteous telephone manner.
- Good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures.
- Security clearance preferred but not required, must be eligible to obtain if necessary.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
- With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Regular computer usage
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties
- Regular talking and hearing
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor * Priority referrals for protected veterans*
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
VA License Number: 11-4665
St. Elizabeth 2700 Martin Luther King Jr. AVE SE, Washington-St. Elizabeth, DC 20032