JOB SUMMARY: Paragon Systems is hiring for the position of Director of Security Operations which provides complete leadership for assigned locations throughout the National Capital Region. Qualified candidate shall have the authority to accept notices of deductions, inspection reports, and all other correspondence on behalf of the Contractor. They will effectively manage operations efficiently to achieve service and profitability objectives. Initiates the acquisition and integration of new business. Coordinates and directs new client transitions. Implements client satisfaction drivers. Coaches, trains, and develops field managers and supervisors. Promotes client and employee retention initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Director of Security Operations for National Capitol Region is responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Management of the DC Metro area contracts
- Responsible for ensuring all staffing requirements at all levels and all locations are met at all times
- Responsible for ensuring new personnel meet all certifications and licensing requirements prior to assignment
- Working knowledge of all procedures, policies and regulations that are related to the execution of this contract and a full awareness of contemporary best business practices in the security and service arena.
- Responsible for ensuring proper serviceable vehicles and equipment, gear and clothing, are available and provided to the personnel to perform their duties.
- Execute exercises, as directed by the COR, at all locations to test the response, knowledge, and competency of the guard force. The exercises will be conducted to test supervision and guard force capabilities.
- Responsible for ensuring effective supervision is provided to all security personnel assigned to all facilities.
- Conduct on-site visits to each post during various shifts.
- Responsible for ensuring effective training is provided and only suitable security personnel are assigned to the facilities.
- Establish and update post orders and procedures in conjunction with the COR or designated representative, on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for ensuring an updated, comprehensive electronic or hard copy version of post orders, policies, and procedures manual is centrally located in each facility and readily available to the guard force at all times.
- Act as liaison between the Contractor and Client on day-to-day matters.
- Ensure all HR & Payroll processes are completed and submitted accurately and timely.
- Oversees maintenance of contract level training and medical records.
- Maintains excellent customer relations with clients, visitors, employees, and union officials
- Oversees employee performance in accordance with Company policy, Federal and State law and CBA regulations.
- Oversees Safety Program in accordance with State and Federal laws.
- Submits weekly status reports to corporate office.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Shall be available during normal working hours (8:00AM to 5:00PM) within 30 minutes by telephone or in person to discuss deficiencies. After normal duty hours or on weekends and holidays, shall be available within two hours.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must meet one (1) of the following experience/education requirements
- Four (4) year course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree with a major in any field; or
- Two (2) years of successful experience in field supervision, civilian community law enforcement, military service law enforcement, or commercial/industrial security guard service
- Must be able to provide a Social Security Card issued and approved by the Social Security Administration or a birth certificate upon offer.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must currently posses or be able to obtain Top Secret Clearance.
- A minimum of five (5) years of specialized experience in:
- Project development and implementation from idea inception to deployment;
- Management, funding and resource control using complex reporting mechanisms/ systems and;
- Managing multi-task contracts or subcontracts of various types and complexity.
COMPETENCIES (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures, and to speak English fluently.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
- Use of personal computer and standard office productivity software, including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets various internal and external documents and reports.
- Ability to conduct effective and confidential investigations.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to contract operations in the State
- Knowledge of federal and state laws related to weapons in the State.
- Ability to use the following security equipment: batons, OC Spray, X-ray machines, magnetometers, closed circuit television, and handcuffs.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Required to use company vehicle for the performance of duties.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor * Priority referrals for protected veterans*
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
VA License Number: 11-4665