High School Graduate
Responsible for the management of both security and fire alarm monitoring systems, operating/monitoring communications equipment, logging shift activities, monitoring surveillance monitors and camera systems, processing required reports and making appropriate notifications. Performs a variety of dispatch and control center functions at assigned site; may be assigned a rank, as defined by client contract. Does not perform Security Officer duties except on a limited, relief or emergency basis.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Monitors a central point: alarm monitoring dispatching, dispositioning and archiving security and fire alarms; controlling and directing daily routine activities for security and fire personnel and affect command/control procedures for emergencies. Monitoring and operating Closed Circuit TV (CCTV), video systems, alarm receiving equipment and integrated access control systems.
2. Operates both security and fire alarm monitoring systems, operating/monitoring communications equipment, logging shift activities, monitoring surveillance and intrusion monitors, alarms and camera systems, processing required reports and making appropriate notifications.
3. Uses communication equipment to include, but not limited to, two-way radio communications, telephone systems, secure phone, satellite phone, paging systems, alarm receiving equipment, and computer equipment.
4. Makes emergency response notifications and dispatches for all site emergencies in accordance with established procedures.
5. May include after hours dispatching of facilities personnel, site telephone operator services, plant access control monitoring and after hours Commuter Services Emergency Ride Home services.
6. Makes notifications to all management or designee(s) as required according to Post Orders, for all types of site incidents, emergencies, crises and exercises.
7. Monitors local and international crisis' involving assigned client and/or site as designated.
8. Ensures compliance of UL2050 standard for National Industrial Security systems (dispatching, response, weekly generator test, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, equipment protection (tarps), training, etc., as required.
9. Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
10. Operators must review Significant Events Logs, Read files, and Pass-On books for information.
11. Responsible for receiving shift briefing from dispatcher being relieved.
12. Ensure all equipment is present and operational.
13. Maintains all logs; reviewing and writing reports for incidents and emergencies utilizing a Significant Events Log during assigned shift.
14. Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned site(s).
15. Any additional duties as required or assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Must be a citizen of the United States.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Must have and maintain a Security Officer certification for the state in which assigned.
Must have and maintain any required Control Center Operators certification for the state in which assigned.
Ability to acquire and maintain the required level of Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance.
Ability to acquire and maintain all other site specific special clearances/access requirements (Department of Energy (DOE), Special Access Program (SAP), and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI), electrostatic discharge (ESD), foreign object detection (FOD)) as required.
Must have and maintain a valid motor vehicle operators license if required.
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
High School Graduate