Not Ready To Apply? Click Here To Join Our Talent Community
POSITION SUMMARY: The Alarm Monitors and associated services provide 24/7 monitoring and troubleshooting of all alarm and closed circuit television (CCTV) systems installed and annunciating at MARSOC designated facilities. The Alarm Monitor personnel must have successfully completed the training requirements below prior to assignment as an Alarm Monitor. The Alarm Monitor must successfully complete the training requirements below:
- Defense Security Service (DSS) training (free for personnel affiliated with the DoD & web based)
- Introduction to Physical Security
- Lock and Key Systems
- Physical Security Measures
- Physical Security Planning and Implementation
- Physical Security Virtual Environment Assessment
- Storage Containers and Facilities
- Risk Management for DoD Security Program
The Alarm Monitors report directly to the Site Supervisor/Physical Security Specialist. The Alarm Monitors shall perform the following services:
- Monitor CCTV screens trained on sensitive areas/critical assets for a variety of security reasons, analyze images displayed of an authorized or unauthorized presence within the range of the CCTV camera while monitoring CCTV screens, immediately supply information to the proper agency concerning unauthorized activity/activation based on images displayed on CCTV and dispatch proper units to the scene.
- Monitor and/or operate electronic security systems involving numerous alarm panels/monitors, call-boxes, maintenance-related items, intrusion detection systems, video motion detection systems, and various security alarms, set and/or reset alarms activated to ensure the alarm was not a malfunction.
- Immediately provide information to the proper activity of an alarm activation and ensure dispatch of proper units to the location.
- Ensure all communication and alarm systems are in proper working order and when found defective, initiate immediate corrective action, ensuring that MARSOC operations are not affected.
- Maintain records as required by SOP and coordinate closely with the MARSOC Security Manager and COR. Perform other related duties as needed.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and read, write, and speak English.
- Must possess an adjudicated U.S. Secret (S) clearance
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group settings
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
- With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks.
MARSOC, Jacksonville, NC 28460