Not Ready To Apply? Click Here To Join Our Talent Community
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is under the direct supervision of the Project Manager for assigned shift of the United States Marshals Service (USMS) and is responsible for providing protection and safekeeping of persons held under the authority of any United States statute.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The tasks to be performed by Armed Contract Guards shall include, but are not limited to:
- Guarding Federal prisoners confined to a medical facility for treatment
- Escorting Federal prisoners to and from local medical facilities for evaluation and treatment by physicians.
- Escorting Federal prisoners to and from physician’s office, or other areas of the medical facility or hospital, or for treatment, tests, etc.
- Escorting Federal prisoners between Federal and non-Federal detention facilities and the Federal Courthouse for appearance or meetings before the Grand Jury, the Court, or US Attorney, etc.
- Escorting Federal prisoners between detention facilities and/or the Justice Prisoner Alien Transportation System (JPATS) airlift site.
- Providing guard services within Federal Courthouse, Federal buildings, and the USMS cellblock areas.
- Providing security for USMS seized property.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of full time security, law enforcement, corrections officer, or military police experience monitoring detainees and dealing with security matters related to prisoner handling and detention of prisoners on a regular basis. The experience must have been acquired within five (5) years of contract award.
- Must have successfully completed a weapons proficiency course, and be authorized to carry a firearm.
- Be 21 years or older;
- Speak, read, and write the English language;
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license;
- Posses an Illinois license to carry firearms;
- Be emotionally stable with no past history of emotional or mental illness;
- Present a respectable appearance and adhere to reasonable grooming standards as determined by the USMS;
- Be free of a misdemeanor or greater conviction for crimes of domestic violence
- Currently not under any court restraining orders;
- Free from alcohol and drug dependency;
- Free of illegal drug use, controlled substance abuse, and psychological disorders;
- Trained and qualified in the use of an approved handgun;
- Have no medical problems that would restrict strenuous exertion or prevent satisfactory performance;
- Physically able to perform the full range of duties without limitations as described in the Statement of Work.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION: Driver’s license, Illinois firearms license, and, social security card or birth certificate.
1910 Cochran Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15220