POSITION SUMMARY: This position is under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and is responsible for the day to day operation of the assigned guard force by meeting all contractual requirements.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include function, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties, tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
Performs a variety of duties assigned by the Program Manager, including but not limited to, scheduling/inputting all officers time onto the payroll system and monitoring overtime to ensure that it is minimized and regulated, conducts random and scheduled post checks to ensure all officers throughout the contract meet all uniform and certification guidelines. Acts as a liaison between the officers and the Program Manager, when dealing with the implementation of all Policy and Procedures with regards to disciplinary actions; Continually monitors and trains subordinates to ensure that the highest quality of supervision is being maintained on the contract; Ensure that the line supervisors know all the aspects of Captain responsibilities so that they can assume the post without hesitation; stand posts if needed, and other tasks as assigned.
EQUIPMENT/ COMPUTER SKILLS: Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement procedures (i.e. electronic security equipment, audio and video equipment).
- 5 years security experience
- At least four years of documented leadership experience, either in law enforcement, military, or armed security or a combination of both leadership and college courses pursuing a Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement degree
- Successful completion of Police Officer’s Standard Training (POST) course
- Must have two (2) years of successful experience in field supervision.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Possess high school diploma from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or equivalent certificate.
- Knowledge of the contract operations
- Must be able to meet state/county licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Must be able to meet and pass medical exam, drug test and physical agility test if applicable.
- At least 21 years of age
- Ability to pass a background check
- Understand and follow standard operating procedures, to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
- Good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures
- Must be able to pay full attention to detail, and be able to multi-task
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION: Driver’s license, Social security card or birth certificate, and any other certification (guard/clearance card, gun permit (if required), OC permit Baton permit, CPR, First Aid.)
COMPETENCIES (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Ability to conduct effective and confidential investigations.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various policies.
- Ability to interpret furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Use of personal computer and standard office productivity software.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
WORKING CONDITIONS: With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations.
- Shift work required.
- Ability to remain on post up to four (4) consecutive hours without eating, drinking, or relieving bladder/bowels.
- Frequent and prolonged walking, standing, sitting, and stooping, up to 12 hours per day, either indoors or outdoors, during daytime or nighttime.