Team Lead (CST) will have a minimum of four years of active experience as a CST in the construction security monitoring program and have served on a minimum of two construction projects. The Team Lead will receive and implement orders or special instructions from the Site Security Manager (SSM) concerning matters which affect the security operations of the site. As such they will possess the requisite skills to take care of the team’s administrative work at site while still participating as a working member of the team. The Team Lead is typically called upon by the SSM to become very involved with the General Contractor’s foreman to ensure upcoming work requirements are addressed and able to be covered. Team Lead will also perform the duties of CST as listed below:
- The CSTs will monitor, observe, and interact with the construction workers as they accomplish their various tasks to preclude the introduction of electronic, electrical, mechanical, or any other type of hostile surveillance monitoring devices into finished construction.
- The CSTs will be responsible for screening all equipment, materials, and furnishings destined for use in the controlled construction area, using X-ray machines and any and all other methods of examination as outlined in the requirements and approved by the government.
- Operate proposed inspection equipment.
- Utilize knowledge of all construction disciplines, to include civil architectural, mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering principles.
- Read and analyze designs and blueprints, and recognize the architects intended use.
- Analyze designs and structural complexities, which are intended to mask an ulterior purpose not intended by the architect.
- Exercise knowledge of Technical Surveillance Countermeasures, construction principles, and the types of devices used by hostile and friendly intelligence services for the purpose of clandestine surveillance.
- Write detailed reports in English and complete the analyses of issues, findings, and security situations which require staff action.
- Maintain daily logs during their tour of duty.
- All CSTs must be U.S. Citizens and must have U.S. Top Secret (TS).
- All CSTs must have at least five (5) years’ experience in at least one of the following areas of expertise: Construction security surveillance, Technical Surveillance Countermeasures, Industrial or Government security involving counterintelligence, construction quality assurance, or hands on supervisory construction experience.
- The required training for CSTs is the Construction Surveillance Technician Course. The following license/certifications may be considered as substitutes for CST certifications, license HVAC, mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, license plumber all with major utility installation experience.
- Capable of independent decision making, possess a high degree of individual initiative and be able to function with minimal supervision.
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours
- Able to work outdoors in summer heat and winter cold
- Able to walk up to one half mile across uneven surfaces at construction site
- Able to bend forward at the waist and knees
- Able to climb stairs