POSITION SUMMARY: Position is responsible for detecting, delaying, detaining, and/or apprehending persons attempting to gain unauthorized access to Government property or otherwise violating laws, rules and regulations.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include function, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties, tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
Perform Emergency Management Technician (EMT) duties in conjunction with security-related duties; depending on the posts to which assigned. EMT’s will provide a broad range of life-saving, emergency medical treatments. Security officers shall answer questions and provide directions to visitors and building tenants. Typical duties include processing visitors by verifying identification, contacting agency sponsors or escorts, fabricating and issuing visitor passes, entering and maintaining data on visitor logs or automated visitor data base programs, and ensuring visitors are presented for appropriate personnel and package screening. Responsible for maintaining logs, reports, and files of all incidents and occurrences encountered during the patrol tour. Additional duties include prevent, discover, delay, and/or detain persons attempting to gain unauthorized access to property and/or personnel at the facility being protected.
EQUIPMENT/ COMPUTER SKILLS: Security officers will be responsible for operating all security equipment on post, such as batons, OC Spray, X-ray machines, magnetometers, closed circuit television (CCTV), handcuffs, and (where required by post assignment) firearm at any time while on duty.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Have a Social Security Card issued and approved by the Social Security Administration
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess either a high school diploma from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or equivalent certificate (GED)
- Speak English fluently, read and comprehend written English, and compose coherent written reports in English.
- And meet one of the following experience/education requirements:
- Three years of security experience within the past five years; or
- Three years of military or National Guard (active duty or reserve) experience; or
- Successful completion of Police Officer’s Standard Training (POST) course; or
- Receive a favorable adjudication from FPS
- Pass the medical examination ,drug test and physical agility test;
- Completed the required training; and pass the required examination(s).
- Certified as an EMT for the state performing EMT duties and have a minimum of 120 hours specialized training.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION: Driver’s license, Social security card or birth certificate, and other relevant certifications (guard/clearance card, gun permit (if required), OC permit Baton permit, CPR, First Aid.)
WORKING CONDITIONS: With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations.
- Shift work required.
- Ability to remain on post up to four (4) consecutive hours without eating, drinking, or relieving bladder/bowels.
- Frequent and prolonged walking, standing, sitting, and stooping, up to 12 hours per day, either indoors or outdoors, during daytime or nighttime.