Not Ready To Apply? Click Here To Join Our Talent Community
Paragon Systems is hiring for the position of Lieutenant for our Department of Justice contract in Washington, DC. Any interested candidates must be individuals of unquestionable integrity who display a mature attitude and exercise good judgment. The Lieutenant must ensure the effective, efficient and accurate operations of the following:
- Handles the day to day operations of assigned officer force in assigned area, ensuring all contractual requirements are met
- Assist in the schedules personnel to minimize overtime.
- Ensures that posts are staffed and provides direct supervision of PSOs.
- Maintains order and discipline of PSOs in accordance with established Rules of Personal Conduct and contractual agreements.
- Ensures that officers have appropriate uniform and equipment.
- Demonstrate capability in managing multi-tasks and supervising one or more subordinate units consisting of a squad or multiple squads of security or law enforcement personnel.
- Stand post when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be an U.S. Citizen and read, write, and speak English.
- Must have the ability to pass a Government background check.
- 18 months of acceptable law enforcement or corrections experience
- Must have detailed knowledge of federal contract security operations.
- Required to demonstrate continuing physical fitness and proficiency with firearms or other special weapons.
- Ability to use a computer is a MUST.
- Must be able to pay full attention to detail, and be able to multi-task.
- 2 years of successful experience in field supervision (civilian community law enforcement, military service law enforcement, or commercial/industrial security force service),
- Must have supervisor and conflict management skills (problem solving skills, good written and verbal communication skills).
- *STATE WIDE AND OCCASIONAL INTERSTATE TRAVEL REQUIRED*
We Participate in the e-Verify Employment Verification Program
VA License Number 11-4665
Department of Justice, Washington, DC 20005