Not Ready To Apply? Click Here To Join Our Talent Community
Paragon Systems is currently hiring for a Sergeant for our Department of Justice contract located in Washington, DC. Any interested candidates must be individuals of unquestionable integrity who display a mature attitude and exercise good judgment. The Sergeant must ensure the effective, efficient and accurate operations of the following:
- Handles the day to day operation of assigned guard force in assigned area, ensuring all contractual requirements are met.
- Assist in the schedules personnel to minimize overtime.
- Ensures that posts are staffed and coordinate with direct supervision.
- Maintain order and discipline of PSOs in accordance with established Rules of Personal Conduct and contractual agreements
- Ensures that officers have appropriate uniform and equipment.
- Demonstrate capability in managing multi-tasks and supervising one or more subordinate units consisting of a squad or multiple squads of security or law enforcement personnel
- Stand post when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be an U.S. Citizen and read, write, and speak English.
- Must have the ability to pass a Government background check.
- 18 months of acceptable law enforcement or corrections experience
- Must have high school diploma or GED certificate and completion of a certified security training program or local state or federal law enforcement training academy.
- Must have detailed knowledge of federal contract security operations
- Must have supervisor and conflict management skills (problem solving skills, good written and verbal communication skills)
- 2 year’s successful experience in field supervision (civilian community law enforcement, military service, or commercial/industrial security guard service)
- Required to demonstrate continuing physical fitness and proficiency with firearms or other special weapons
- Ability to use a computer is a MUST
- Must be able to pay full attention to detail, and be able to multi-task
Department of Justice, Washington, DC 20005