POSITION SUMMARY: This position manages an assigned facility under the Federal Protective Service (FPS) contract.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include function, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties, tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
Preparing work schedules, reviewing duty logs for accuracy, assessing working conditions, conducting investigations, conducting employee performance reviews and disciplinary actions, inspecting uniforms and credentials, and completing contract and company required reports, and other tasks as assigned. Typical duties include control access to specific areas of a facility, enforce property rules and regulations, detect and report criminal acts, stop and if possible detain persons engaging in criminal activities, provide security against loss from fire or mechanical equipment failure, respond to emergency situations involving the safety and security of the facility, and act occasionally as a crowd monitor to maintain order.
EQUIPMENT/ COMPUTER SKILLS: Will be responsible for operating all security equipment on post, such as batons, OC Spray, X-ray machines, magnetometers, closed circuit television (CCTV), handcuffs, and (where required by post assignment) firearm at any time while on duty.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Have a Social Security Card issued and approved by the Social Security Administration
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess high school diploma from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or equivalent certificate?
- Speak English fluently, read and comprehend written English, and compose coherent written reports in English.
- And meet one of the following experience/education requirements:
- Three years of security experience within the past five years; or
- An Associate’s Degree in a related field and at least one year of experience; or
- Three years of military or National Guard (active duty or reserve) experience; or
- Successful completion of Police Officer’s Standard Training (POST) course; or
- Any reasonable combination of the above (i.e., one year of security experience plus one year of college coursework related in the field).
- Ability to obtain a favorable FPS adjudication
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience in field supervision (civilian law enforcement, military service, or commercial/industrial security guard service).
- Pass the medical examination and drug test;
- Ability to completed the required training (including 9-hour supervisor course); and pass all required examination(s) and qualifications;
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION: Driver’s license, Social security card or birth certificate, and any other certification (guard/clearance card, gun permit, OC permit Baton permit, CPR, First Aid.)
COMPETENCIES (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Ability to conduct effective and confidential investigations.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various policies.
- Ability to interpret furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Use of personal computer and standard office productivity software.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
WORKING CONDITIONS: With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations.
- Shift work required.
- Ability to remain on post up to four (4) consecutive hours without eating, drinking, or relieving bladder/bowels.
- Frequent and prolonged walking, standing, sitting, and stooping, up to 12 hours per day, either indoors or outdoors, during daytime or nighttime.