Del Rio, TX
The Field Investigator (FI) directly supports national security and suitability investigations, focusing on performing background investigations on behalf of government clients. Investigators will conduct interviews, retrieve records, conduct research and prepare reports of investigations in compliance with federal standards, all laws, and other required federal agency regulations. Investigators type comprehensive reports summarizing facts obtained from these field source interviews and record information and submit for quality review and completeness. Casework is performed throughout the geographic area of responsibility with travel to various places of employment, residence and education institutions. Travel to other geographic locations (by car or by plane) may also be required as needed.
• The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified according to business necessity.
• All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
• Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
• In performing functions, duties, or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
• All functions, duties, or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner and are to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Conduct interviews and background checks that help to ensure the safety and security of the nation.
2. Obtain and report factual information for background investigations that determine employment suitability and security clearance eligibility.
3. Conduct face-to-face interviews with the applicant and their neighbors, coworkers, friends and associates.
4. Complete record searches at law enforcement agencies, courthouses, and mental health, financial, and educational institutions.
5. Compile information in a clear, concise report on a standardized reporting format.
6. Meet quality, timeliness, and production metrics.
7. Interact with team leader and case review officers to ensure timeliness and thoroughness of investigations.
8. Assist in obtaining fieldwork in a rapid, time-sensitive work environment.
9. Ensure leads are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with investigative standards.
10. May be asked to assist with temporary details (TDYs) to high-need areas, dependent upon workload demands.
11. Perform additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference depending upon the nature of the position
• Must be a citizen of the United States.
• At least 18 years of age.
• Ability to acquire and maintain the required level of U. S. Government security
• Must be able to successfully complete and pass all required training.
• Ability to acquire and maintain any other specific special clearances/access requirements
and successfully pass an adjudicated SSBI clearance.
• Reliable personal vehicle, valid driver's license, and satisfactory driving record.
• Familiarity with metrics tools, processes, and delivery assurance.
• Strong interpersonal, writing and communications skills.
• Ability to cover a local territory of approximately a 50 mile radius from home residence.
• Must have the ability to travel 100% of the time with coverage area that consists of
assigned geography. Will require vehicle travel and may require air, train or other
commercial travel methods.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required; additional relevant experience can be
substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience
for one academic year of education.
• Prior background investigations, law enforcement, or personnel security experience is
preferred but not required
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks,
controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing)
• Ability to work remotely without daily supervision
• Intermediate typing and computer skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
• Interpersonal skills to interact with sources, customers, and team members
• Ability to establish and build rapport with new people
• Speak and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and by phone
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Visual ability to include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
• Personal computer and business solutions software skills
• Ability to identify, understand, and apply federal, state, and local changes and/or new
regulations/laws pertaining to personnel investigations
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to synthesize information, identify key findings and determine conclusions
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to
perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the
• Maintaining composure in dealing with executives, sources, subjects, and staff, in group
and one-on-one settings and in situations requiring high performance and results.
• Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information
• Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time
and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
• Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
• Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up
to 25 pounds.
• Regular talking and hearing
• Regular use of vehicle required in the performance of duties
• Frequent local travel to interview sites
Del Rio, TX