Paragon Systems is hiring for the position of Interim Lieutenant for FPS Louisiana located in New Orleans, LA. Any interested candidates must be individuals of unquestionable integrity who display a mature attitude and exercise good judgment. The Lieutenant must ensure the effective, efficient and accurate operations of the following:
- Handles the day to day operations of assigned guard force in assigned area, ensuring all contractual requirements are met
- Schedules/Inputs officers' time in payroll and minimizes overtime.
- Ensures that posts are staffed and provides direct supervision of the Security Officers (PSOs).
- Maintains order and discipline of PSOs in accordance with established Rules of Personal Conduct and contractual agreements.
- Ensures that officers have appropriate uniform and equipment.
- Stands post when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
The Interim Lieutenant must also meet the requirements listed below:
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be an U.S. Citizen and read, write, and speak English.
- 3 Years Security experience, or 3 years Military (active duty or Reserve) or National Guard experience, or successfully completed Police Officer's Standard Training (POST) course.
- Must have supervisor and conflict management skills (problem solving skills, good written and verbal communication skills)
- 2 years successful experience in field supervisor (civilian, community, law enforcement, military service, or commercial/industrial security guard service)
- This position will cover the following areas: Louisiana- New Orleans, Bogalusa, Covington, Houma, Hammond, Kenner, Morgan City, Gretna, Metairie, Slidell
- Ability to use a computer is a MUST
- Must be able to pay full attention to detail, and be able to multi-task
VEVRAA Federal Contractor * Priority referrals for protected veterans*
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
VA License Number: 11-4665