The Help Desk Analyst provides customer support, service and technical support through analysis and problem resolving to enable installation, maintenance, education, implementation and documentation of a variety of software and hardware technologies using remote communication or through phone to the client or the end user.
- Installs or assists service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components, such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user's premises.
- Loads specified software packages, such as operating systems, word processing, or spreadsheet programs into computer.
- Enters commands and observes system functions to verify correct system operation.
- Instructs users in use of equipment, software, and manuals.
- Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
- Coordinates activities with help desk, network services, or other information systems groups.
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to excellence and high standards of personal accountability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices in the applicable area of engineering/technical specialization.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active Secret Security Clearance
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference depending upon the nature of the position
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Current (within the last 2 years) Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or active Secret level security clearance based on an SSBI and able to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
- Ability to acquire and maintain any other specific special clearances/access requirements
- Must be available to travel to training facility for initial training
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass all required training
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is preferred
- Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference depending upon the nature of the position.
- Experience: 1-3 years of related experience
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements
- Ability to identify, understand, and apply federal, state, and local changes and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to personnel investigations
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to synthesize information, identify key findings and determine conclusions
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with executives, sources, subjects, and staff, in group and one-on-one settings and in situations requiring high performance and results.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Speak and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and by phone
- Visual ability to include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to work on computer for long periods of time