Paragon Systems is currently hiring for the position of non-exempt Alarm Monitor which is responsible for providing information and Personnel Security Program assistance for Non-Guard Security Services at Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL) in Pasadena, California. This support will consist of the following Information and Personnel Security Services:
The Alarm Monitors and associated services provide 24/7 monitoring and troubleshooting of all alarm and closed circuit television (CCTV) systems installed and annunciating at JPL designated facilities. The Alarm Monitors report directly to the Site Supervisor/Security Specialist.
The contractor Alarm Monitors shall perform the following services:
- Monitor CCTV screens trained on sensitive areas/critical assets for a variety of security reasons, analyze images displayed of an authorized or unauthorized presence within the range of the CCTV camera while monitoring CCTV screens, immediately supply information to the proper agency concerning unauthorized activity/activation based on images displayed on CCTV and dispatch proper units to the scene.
- Monitor and/or operate electronic security systems involving numerous alarm panels/monitors, callboxes, maintenance-related items, intrusion detection systems, video motion detection systems, and various security alarms, set and/or reset alarms activated to ensure the alarm was not a malfunction.
- Immediately provide information to the proper activity of an alarm activation and ensure dispatch of proper units to the location.
- Ensure all communication and alarm systems are in proper working order and when found defective, initiate immediate corrective action, ensuring that JPL Security operations are not affected.
- Maintain records as required by SOP and coordinate closely with the JPL Security Manager and COR.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
The Alarm Monitor must also meet the requirements listed below:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and read, write, and speak English.
- Must possess a current fully adjudicated Secret Security Clearance and or have a valid Interim Secret Security Clearance.
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Ability to follow established procedures and policies. Post orders to include enforcement of client/company rules, policies, and/or regulations.
- Excellent attention to detail, good verbal and written communications, including legible report writing.
- Ability to provide quality Customer Service.
- Ability to analyze and produce course of action reporting and escalate issues to management in typical and crisis situations.
- Ability to see, hear, and smell in Order to respond to alarms and detect emergency situations.
- Reliable and have a strong work ethic.
- Reliable transportation and current California Driver’s License.
- Ability to work independently OR as part of a small group to resolve urgent issues, process orientated with high attention to detail, and triage a problem quickly providing precise/clear information while working under minimum supervision.
- Received a High School diploma, OR received a GED, OR shows HS graduation/equivalent education on a DD-214, OR completion of 60 credit hours in related field from learning institution recognized by Dept. of Education, OR successfully graduated from a federal/state certified law enforcement education/training course that may result in a LE appointment OR commission.
- Must be able to pass a background check covering the last 10 years and pass a drug screening due to the nature of the position.
- Must be able to pass a physical agility test if applicable; complete required training and pass examination.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION: Driver’s license, Social security card or birth certificate, and any other certification (guard/clearance card, applicable state/local gun/Armed Guard permit, OC permit Baton permit, CPR, First Aid.)
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Regular computer usage.
- Handling and being exposed to sensate and confidential information.
- Required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
We Participate in the e-Verify Employment Verification Program
VA License Number 11-4665