Paragon Systems is hiring for the position of Site Captain/Supervisor for our NASA/JPL contract in Pasadena, California. Any interested candidates must be individuals of unquestionable integrity who display a mature attitude and exercise good judgment. The Site Supervisor must ensure the effective, efficient and accurate operations of the following:
JOB SUMMARY: Primary job function is supervision of guarding personnel in patrol/inspection operations.
- Functions as a supervisor of Security Officers and other company personnel assigned to one or more posts at client site(s); acts to ensure that all post orders are followed, that established rounds are completed, and that required reports are filed; notifies proper authorities and client in emergency situations.
- Possess extensive knowledge of security protective systems, including inspection and monitoring; knowledge of NASA/JPL Security Regulations, policies and procedures
- Coaches and disciplines personnel as appropriate; seeks advice from company management or designated representatives as appropriate; meets personally with employees and documents coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Trains Security Officers and other company personnel; reviews post orders and other details of assignments with subordinates.
- Assists in the submission of payroll and personnel information to the company as designated.
- In conjunction with company management or designated representatives ensures adequate coverage of all posts and positions.
- Prepares, files, and submits various reports as required.
- Inspects posts as scheduled and meets with subordinates to outline tasks and responsibilities.
- Meets with client representatives as scheduled or as needed to provide assurance that all security requirements are being met and to provide quality customer service.
- As assigned, in accordance with applicable company policies and procedures and in compliance with state and federal laws, carries out supervisory duties that can include some or all of the following: interviewing, orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and, making hiring and termination recommendations.
- 21 years of age
- U.S. Citizen
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability or obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance
- Must successfully complete the NASA Federal Law Enforcement Basic Training Academy and subsequent required refresher trainings
- Must possess a California driver’s license, California Guard and California Gun card
- 10+ years security experience Must have supervisor and conflict management skills (problem solving skills, good written and verbal communication skills)
- 2 years successful experience in field supervision (civilian community law enforcement, military service, or commercial/industrial security guard service)
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to work any shift
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- May be required to hold and continue to meet the requirements for any applicable state, county and municipal license for Security Officers.
- Knowledge of security operations with an emphasis on patrol, inspection and response services.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures.
- Ability to provide positive direction and motivate performance.
- Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and controls.
- Ability to learn quickly and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to various sites and changes in post procedures.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients, at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
- Directing and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
- May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regular use of vehicle for the performance of duties.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information
VEVRAA Federal Contractor * Priority referrals for protected veterans*
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
VA License Number: 11-4665