Paragon Systems is hiring for the position of Major for our St. Elizabeth contract in Washington, DC. The Major must be an individual of unquestionable integrity who displays a mature attitude and exercises good judgment. The Major will perform the following:
- Handles the day to day operation of assigned guard force in assigned area, ensuring all contractual requirements are met.
- Ensure that posts are staffed and provide direct supervision of Protective Security Officers.
- Schedules/Inputs officers' time in payroll and minimizes overtime.
- Demonstrate capability in managing multi-tasks and supervising one or more subordinate units
- Maintain order and discipline of PSOs in accordance with established Rules of Personal Conduct and contractual agreements.
- Will continually monitor and train your subordinates to ensure that the highest quality of supervision is being maintained on the contract.
- Ensure that the line supervisors know all the aspects of your responsibilities so that they can assume your post without hesitation in your absence.
- Ensure that officers have appropriate uniforms and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
The Major must also meet the requirements listed below:
- 21 years of age
- U.S. Citizen
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must currently hold an active Secret Clearance
- 3 years security experience or, 3 years Military (active duty or Reserve) or National Guard experience, or successful completion of completion of Police Officer's Standard Training (POST) course
- Must have supervisor and conflict management skills (problem solving skills, good written and verbal communication skills)
- 2 years successful experience in field supervision (civilian community law enforcement, military service, or commercial/industrial security guard service).
VEVRAA Federal Contractor * Priority referrals for protected veterans*
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
VA License Number: 11-4665