Paragon Systems is hiring for the positions of Full-time NWDTP Trainer for our contracts in FPS Pennsylvania located in Pittsburgh, PA. The NWDTP Trainer must be an individual of unquestionable integrity who displays a mature attitude and exercises good judgment. The Trainer will perform the following:
- Develop and conduct required training programs for new hires and current employees
- Monitor, evaluate, or record training activities for program effectiveness
- Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills; develop alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen
- Organize and develop, or obtain, training procedure manuals and course materials such as handouts and visual materials
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats such as role playing, stimulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos or lectures
- Evaluate training materials prepared by instructors, such as outlines, text, or handouts
- Conducts quality assurance inspections at firearms training events
- Provides instruction to new hires and current employees as required to maintain and improve marksmanship skills
The NWDTP Trainer must also meet the requirements listed below:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be an U.S. Citizen and read, write, and speak English
- Trainer must have background with a minimum of two (2) years of training experience in civilian community law enforcement, military service law enforcement or commercial/industrial security force service.
- Trainer must have completed an approved and accredited Firearms Instructor (Range Official) course (e.g. NRA, a Police Academy, State POST Academy, FLETC or military training course) certifying them as instructor.
- Training Instructor shall possess appropriate certifications to training in First Aid, CPR, AED, Defensive Tactics, Handcuffing, Baton, OC Spray and Firearms Instruction.
- Must be NRA or State certified Firearms instructor
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, word, excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to obtain and maintain instructor certifications as required.
- Must be able to Obtain USG suitability for work on US Government contracts.
- NWDTP 2 years instructional experience is a plus
- Trainer will provide x-ray or metal detector screening training to the PSOs.
- Trainer must provide ongoing OJT training to each PSO operating screening equipment every 60 days
- Trainer will conduct overt testing at screening stations
- Trainer must conduct assessment reports of each screening post monthly
- Trainer must successfully complete the Federal Protective Service National Weapons Detection Training Program
- *STATE WIDE AND OCCASIONAL INTERSTATE TRAVEL REQUIRED*
VEVRAA Federal Contractor * Priority referrals for protected veterans*
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
VA License Number: 11-4665