Part-Time Weekend / Holiday Sergeant (Northern New Jersey)
Paragon Systems is currently hiring for a Part-Time Weekend/Holiday Sergeant to support our FPS Northern New Jersey contract in Newark, NJ. Any interested candidates must be individuals of unquestionable integrity who display a mature attitude and exercise good judgment. The Sergeant must ensure the effective, efficient and accurate operations of the following:
- Handles the day to day operation of assigned guard force in assigned area, ensuring all contractual requirements are met
- Schedule personnel to minimize overtime
- Ensure that posts are staffed and provide direct supervision of Protective Security Officers
- Maintain order and discipline of PSOs in accordance with established Rules of Personal Conduct and contractual agreements
- Ensure that officers have appropriate uniforms and equipment
- Stand post when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
The Part Time Weekend/Holiday Sergeant must also meet the requirements listed below:
- 21 years of age
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and read, write, and speak English.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years (ARMED) security experience or, 2 years Military (active duty or Reserve) or National Guard experience, or successful completion of completion of Police Officer's Standard Training (POST) course
- Must have supervisor and conflict management skills (problem solving skills, good written and verbal communication skills)
- 2 years successful experience in field supervision (civilian community law enforcement, military service, or commercial/industrial security guard service)
- Ability to use a computer is a MUST
- Must be able to pay full attention to detail, and be able to multi-task
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Regular computer usage.
- Handling and being exposed to sensate and confidential information.
- Required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor * Priority referrals for protected veterans*
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
VA License Number: 11-4665