Paragon Systems is hiring for the role of Payroll Supervisor based out of our corporate office in Herndon, VA. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity. All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Entering and auditing of employee data; payroll maintenance; and monitoring of employee data.
- Assisting in the preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll for approximately 1000 employees; reviewing and ensuring accuracy of approved changes, updated and special payroll
- Ensuring that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; reviewing
changes for proper authorization and ensuring corporate policies are in accordance to federal,
state, and local tax codes.
- Researching and resolving payroll problems and processing errors.
- Partnering with HR personnel to ensure responsive resolution of employee payroll
- Providing support to employees in answering payroll related questions on an as needed basis.
- Coordinating efforts between payroll, human resources, accounting and other departments to
ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including reparation/distribution of
EQUIPMENT/ COMPUTER SKILLS: Knowledge of general office equipment; Microsoft office software and accounting software; excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel and formula functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in payroll activities such as recording hours of work, processing time records, compiling payroll statistics, maintaining payroll control records and calculating payrolls.
- Partners with accounting/finance in maintaining the general ledger interface and producing management reports.
- Supervises the maintenance of the Employee Information System.
- Interprets company policies and government regulations affecting payroll tax issues.
- Reviews personnel records to determine names, rates of pay, and position titles of newly hired employees and changes in wage rates and occupations of employees on payroll. Maintains the Employee Information System.
- Adjusts payroll errors and responds to complaints.
- Responds to notifications from state agencies or others regarding former employment of unemployment claims filed by former or existing employees.
- Maintains 401K reporting for discrimination testing.
- Administers Payroll System.
- Partners with Benefits Team in maintaining benefits interface with payroll.
- Monitors wage and hour issues to remain in compliance with FLSA.
- Supervise 3-5 payroll staff
- Communicate actively with Operations, HR and Billing to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing
- Five plus years of work experience in a payroll area and working with multiple locations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, and customer skills required
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Working experience of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
- Knowledge working with Union Contracts, a plus
We Participate in the e-Verify Employment Verification Program
VA License Number 11-4665