Slippery Rock, PA 16057
The PA Record Searcher directly supports national security and suitability investigations, focusing on performing background investigations on behalf of government clients. PA Record Searchers will retrieve records, conduct research and prepare reports of investigations in compliance with federal standards, all laws, and other required federal agency regulations. PA Record Searchers type comprehensive reports summarizing facts obtained from the record information and submit for quality review and completeness. The work location will be located at the SCIS office in Slippery Rock, PA, but may at times, require work in the field or attending meetings or training. The PA Record Searchers will engage in dialogue, when necessary, with representatives at the PA State Police law enforcement agency to develop and maintain an effective and cooperative working relationship. Casework is performed online via a database connected directly to the PA State Police.
The PA Record Searcher will be responsible for scoping and briefing casework to determine areas of investigative coverage required in accordance with applicable directives and investigative standards and conduct record checks to meet investigative requirements and obtain factual information from the PA State Police database to produce a report of investigation containing all pertinent facts of an individual’s background and character, in accordance with government guidelines and instructions. Characteristics of the position include managing the batching and bundling of leads and general assignments to promote efficiencies and control costs to SCIS. Self-discipline, organizational skills, and writing ability within a metrics-driven environment are critical distinguishing elements of the position.
· The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
· All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
· Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
· In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
· All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
· Obtain and report factual information for background investigations that determine employment suitability and security clearance eligibility.
· Complete record searches online via the PA State Police database terminal.
· Extend for additional necessary coverage to other law enforcement agencies or courthouses based on results of PA State Police database search. This may include extending coverage to subject of investigation to obtain necessary releases.
· Compile information in a clear, concise report in a standardized reporting format.
Perform additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
Slippery Rock, PA 16057