The Retention Specialist provides oversight of all case materials being returned to the retention office. The Retention Specialist will view case notes for the Field and Review staff, ensure compliance with the receipt and reconciliation of materials, and properly destroy materials in accordance to the contract along with SCIS’ internal requirements. Assistance will also be provided by the Retention Specialist during all Customer inspections.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties, or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties, or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner and are to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Immediately open all packages and reconcile with the enclosed manifest.
- Immediately follow up on any discrepancies and provide feedback regarding receipt of package.
- Compare retention request to cases received to ensure all are accounted for and were sent.
- Log all cases received and file cases.
- Pull case notes as needed for Field staff.
- Pull/copy/ship case notes as needed to IA/Compliance.
- Pull notes as needed for all Compliance Inspections.
- Effectively communicate with Integrity, Compliance, Review, and the Field staff.
- Address all potential concerns/issues found.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference depending upon the nature of the position
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- One-year experience in Federal background investigations and knowledge of Federal background investigation process to include thorough understanding of rules and regulations governing Federal security clearance background investigations, or combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass all required training.
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing)
- Ability to adapt quickly to program and customer operations, analytics, and requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of background investigations policies and procedures.
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to continuously self-educate and adapt to the changes in the personnel security industry.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize business/financial data, develop innovative solutions, and promote legal and ethical practices.
- Thorough understanding of standard office procedures and practices.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various internal and external documents and reports.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to foster a culture of trust, equal opportunity, teamwork, responsibility, high expectations, and open communication within our organization.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with executives and staff in group and one-on-one settings and in situations requiring high performance and results
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Speak and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and by phone
- Maintain visual ability including close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus