Not Ready To Apply? Click Here To Join Our Talent Community
- Actively and effectively fights structural fires based on up-to-date knowledge of layouts, potential hazards, and fixed fire protection systems.
- Performs effective pre-fire planning by identifying any new or existing hazards which may require modification of the prevention/protection program or type of response to a fire.
- Conducts routine testing of all of the client’s fire protection systems including all valves, pumps, alarm panels, risers, post indicator valves, sectional valves, and inspector test valves.
- Conducts periodic inspections of the client’s site to detect and correct all uniform fire code violations, uniform building code violations, uniform electrical code violations, and any general violation of the client’s policies established for the purpose of maintaining a safe and fire free work environment.
- Protects evidence and/or incident scenes in the event of accidents, emergencies, or investigations; sets up barriers and signage; and provides direction or information to others.
- Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes or types reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar, inspects posted requirements and memos, and takes action as required.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the client, and/or through training or certification.
- Extricates trapped victim(s) actively and effectively ensuring all possible care for their protection during removal.
- Administers emergency medical care including first aid and basic life support medical aid and preparing victim(s) for transport to medical facilities as required.
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 125 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 200 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Firefighters.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful physical activity in unfavorable environments and for extended amounts of time.
- May be required to work a 24 hour on/48 hour off shift which includes weekends and holidays.
- May be required to participate in a mandatory physical fitness program.
Aerospace & Defense
3100 North Knoxville Ave., Peoria, IL 61603