Manages and maintains all aspects of security clearances held by assigned population of SCIS personnel. Performs a variety of administrative support functions, including back up receptionist and administrative support when necessary.
- Processes special clearance requests for SCI requirements.
- Processes requests for new personal clearances within the e-QIP system.
- Processes in a timely manner periodic reviews on existing personal clearances.
- Manages and maintains electronically personnel clearance documents retained by SCIS, including the security clearance database.
- Manages and maintains all active security clearances for the designated SCIS Districts.
- Responsible for issuing all Visit Request letters to sites. Maintains current visit letters on an annual basis for sites.
- Maintains all government forms associated with this job function. For example DD254.
- Ensures timely termination of clearances in the JPAS system for those employees whose employment with SCIS is terminated.
- Handles all requests made by management and site personnel regarding clearance issues. Must be able to accurately track clearance processing and submit monthly reports to management regarding status and metrics.
- Performs a variety of office administrative functions such as preparing mail, telephone back-up, in person receptionist and filing.
- Interact in a positive manner with staff, customers and the public.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position supplemental qualifications provided for consideration.
- B.A. or B.S degree preferred, High School diploma required.
- FSO certified or willing to obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing)
- Ability to obtain and retain a top security clearance.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of Client and SCIS Leadership.
- Ability to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients. Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Basic skills in keyboarding, computer usage, and operating controls.
- Use of personal computer and spreadsheet software a definite plus
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Courteous telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.