Job DescriptionESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Functions as a supervisor of Security Officers, Lead Officers, and other company personnel assigned to one or more posts at client site(s); acts to ensure that all post orders are followed, that established rounds are completed, and that required reports are filed; notifies proper authorities and client in emergency situations.
- Coaches and disciplines personnel as appropriate; seeks advice from company management or designated representatives as appropriate; meets personally with employees and documents coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Trains Security Officers and other company personnel; reviews post orders and other details of assignments with subordinates.
- Assists in the submission of payroll and personnel information to the company as designated.
- In conjunction with company management or designated representatives ensures adequate coverage of all posts and positions.
- Prepares, files, and submits various reports as required.
- Inspects posts as scheduled and meets with subordinates to outline tasks and responsibilities.
- Meets with client representatives as scheduled or as needed to provide assurance that all security requirements are being met and to provide quality customer service.
- As assigned, in accordance with applicable company policies and procedures and in compliance with state and federal laws, carries out supervisory duties that can include some or all of the following: interviewing, orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and, making hiring and termination recommendations.
- May perform the duties of a Security Officer in accord with post orders and company policy.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 2 years of related experience, or an an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Minimum 2 years of experience in retail preferred.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- May be required to hold and continue to meet the requirements for any applicable state, county and municipal license for Security Officers.
- Knowledge of security operations with an emphasis on patrol, inspection and response services.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures.
- Ability to provide positive direction and motivate performance.
- Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and controls.
- Ability to learn quickly and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to various sites and changes in post procedures.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients, at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
- Directing and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
- May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Keyboarding, basic computer usage, and operating controls.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regular use of vehicle for the performance of duties.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
SCIS has a legendary legacy standing tall in front of all critical assets of the United States of America. Protecting. Guarding. Serving.
We have been protecting our nation throughout history. For more than 150 years, our means have evolved but our purpose to protect our nation has remained intact, touching millions of lives. From nuclear plants and government installations to specialized investigative services, we assure the country's safety and stability, relying on solid experience.
We value diligence, professionalism, and honesty. We are proud to call ourselves SCIS. Our company is a symbol of integrity; a reflection of each individual that composes it. We have built our reputation because accountability is in our blood.