Not Ready To Apply? Click Here To Join Our Talent Community
Under the supervision of the Contract Manager, this position supports the Security of the US Judicial complex, and the safety of the Judicial family and the general public utilizing the US Courts. The Court Security Officer (CSO) will observe and report activities and incidents at assigned locations, providing for the security and safety of client property, visitors, and personnel. The officer preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises. The CSO is responsible for ensuring the safety of federal courts and court employees against unauthorized, illegal and potentially life-threatening activities. At a minimum, CSOs are required to perform the following functions:
Entrance Control, Roving Patrol, Stationary Patrol Assignments, Escort Duties, Garage Parking and Pedestrian Control, Law and Order, Reports and Records, Court Attendance, Preserve Order, Lost and Found
- Minimum of a GED/High School Diploma.
- At least three calendar years of verifiable experience as a certified law enforcement officer or its military equivalency; all three years must have occurred within the last seven years. The experience must have included general arrest authority.
- Must have completed or graduated from certified Federal, state, county, local or military law enforcement training academy and able to provide certification as proof.
- Ability to use computers and Microsoft office (Excel, Word, etc.), monitor security cameras, and send and receive email using MS Outlook.
- Must be a US Citizen with valid Social Security Card; birth certificate; 21 years of age;
- Due to the nature of the position, the CSO must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Ability to follow established procedures and policies. Post orders to include enforcement of client/company rules, policies, and/or regulations.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, good verbal and written communications, including legible report writing.
- Ability to provide excellent Customer Service.
- Ability to analyze and produce course of action reporting and escalate issues to management in typical and crisis situations.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small group to resolve urgent issues, process orientated with high attention to detail, and triage a problem quickly providing precise/clear information while working under minimum supervision.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position which may include long periods of sitting, walking, standing, climbing stairs, or driving with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to see, hear, and smell in order to respond to alarms and detect emergency situations.
- Must be reliable and have a strong work ethic.
- Must have a valid driver's license from state of residency and a safe driving record for the past five years
- Must be able to pass a background and credit check covering the last 10 years and pass a drug screening due to the nature of the position.
- Must meet and maintain medical standards as specified by the United States Marshal Service (USMS); the physical demands are based on the contract and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1101 Court Street, Lynchburg, VA 24504