Not Ready To Apply? Click Here To Join Our Talent Community
Paragon Systems is currently hiring for a Lead Court Security Officer (LSCO) to support our contract with United States Marshal Service (USMS). Any interested candidates must be individuals of unquestionable integrity who display a mature attitude and exercise good judgment. The Lead Court Security Officer must ensure the effective, efficient and accurate operations of the following:
- Assure all posts are covered as scheduled or as directed by the Government and assure that all CSOs are in proper uniform.
- Act as liaison between the USMS and District Supervisor (DS) and/or the Contract Manager (CM) when the DS is not available.
- Provide daily oversight of post requirements.
- Determine any changes that may be required in the District’s daily routine.
- Report Performance Standards Violations (PSVs).
- Keep the COR informed about post coverage, potential problems, and actions that shall be taken to correct the problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a US Citizen with valid Social Security Card; birth certificate; 21 years of age; fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English due to nature of the position.
- Minimum of a GED/High School Diploma.
- At least three calendar years of verifiable experience as a certified law enforcement officer or its military equivalency; all three years must have occurred within the last seven years. The experience must have included general arrest authority.
- Must have completed or graduated from certified Federal, state, county, local or military law enforcement training academy and able to provide certification as proof.
- Ability to use computers and Microsoft office (Excel, Word, etc.), monitor security cameras, and send and receive email using MS Outlook.
- Ability to follow established procedures and policies. Post orders to include enforcement of client/company rules, policies, and/or regulations.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, good verbal and written communications, including legible report writing.
- Ability to provide excellent Customer Service.
- Ability to analyze and produce course of action reporting and escalate issues to management in typical and crisis situations.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small group to resolve urgent issues, process orientated with high attention to detail, and triage a problem quickly providing precise/clear information while working under minimum supervision.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position which may include long periods of sitting, walking, standing, climbing stairs, or driving with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to see, hear, and smell in order to respond to alarms and detect emergency situations. Reliable and have a strong work ethic.
- Must have a valid driver's license from state of residency and a safe driving record for the past five years
- Must be able to pass a background and credit check covering the last 10 years and pass a drug screening due to the nature of the position.
- Must meet and maintain medical standards as specified by the United States Marshal Service (USMS); the physical demands are based on the contract and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
601 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106