Not Ready To Apply? Click Here To Join Our Talent Community
Paragon Systems is currently hiring for a Lead Court Security Officer (LSCO) to support our contract with United States Marshal Service (USMS). Any interested candidates must be individuals of unquestionable integrity who display a mature attitude and exercise good judgment. The Lead Court Security Officer must ensure the effective, efficient and accurate operations of the following:
- Assure all posts are covered as scheduled or as directed by the Government and assure that all CSOs are in proper uniform.
- Act as liaison between the USMS and District Supervisor (DS) and/or the Contract Manager (CM) when the DS is not available.
- Provide daily oversight of post requirements.
- Determine any changes that may be required in the District’s daily routine.
- Report Performance Standards Violations (PSVs).
- Keep the COR informed about post coverage, potential problems, and actions that shall be taken to correct the problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a US Citizen with valid Social Security Card; birth certificate; 21 years of age; fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English due to nature of the position.
- Minimum of a GED/High School Diploma.
- At least three calendar years of verifiable experience as a certified law enforcement officer or its military equivalency; all three years must have occurred within the last seven years. The experience must have included general arrest authority.
- Must have completed or graduated from certified Federal, state, county, local or military law enforcement training academy and able to provide certification as proof.
- Ability to use computers and Microsoft office (Excel, Word, etc.), monitor security cameras, and send and receive email using MS Outlook.
- Ability to follow established procedures and policies. Post orders to include enforcement of client/company rules, policies, and/or regulations.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, good verbal and written communications, including legible report writing.
- Ability to provide excellent Customer Service.
- Ability to analyze and produce course of action reporting and escalate issues to management in typical and crisis situations.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small group to resolve urgent issues, process orientated with high attention to detail, and triage a problem quickly providing precise/clear information while working under minimum supervision.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position which may include long periods of sitting, walking, standing, climbing stairs, or driving with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to see, hear, and smell in order to respond to alarms and detect emergency situations. Reliable and have a strong work ethic.
- Must have a valid driver's license from state of residency and a safe driving record for the past five years
- Must be able to pass a background and credit check covering the last 10 years and pass a drug screening due to the nature of the position.
- Must meet and maintain medical standards as specified by the United States Marshal Service (USMS); the physical demands are based on the contract and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
500 West Pike Street, Clarksburg, WV 26301